[Anime React] Trigun Episode 01x06

Trigun • トライガン 

Season 1, Episode 6
LOST JULY

"Why did it have to be you!? Why did someone like you turn out to be Vash the Stampede!!?" 
Original Air Date: 7 May 1998
Running Time: 24 minutes, 50 seconds
Language: English

Vash the Stampede allows Inepril City to turn in the Nebraska Family for the $$700,000 bounty. Meryl acts with irritation that she is now stuck with Vash, while Vash is hailed as a hero throughout the city. Suddenly, a sand steamer arrives, bringing goods, craftsmen, engineers, merchants, and others. This includes the arrival of a beautiful woman named Elizabeth, a plant engineer who seeks out Vash to act as her bodyguard, though her true intentions are related to the incident in the third city of July.
I mean we did have a two-sunned alien sky from episode 1...
Back again with Trigun, this episode picks up more directly where the previous left off. It's the day (or so) after the events in the previous episode, and Vash, the nice guy he is, gives all the money to the town so they can repair the plant. Of course this complete hottie is among the people to repair the plant, and my opinion of her kept bouncing back and forth throughout this. Vash's dorky womanizer gag is starting to get kinda sad. But I guess he's just an idiot, y'know?
Vash was totally into this guy tho. (Like seriously, even called him cute)
This Elizabeth character at first seemed like a mysterious character (with a design that reminded me a little of the outfits in My Fair Lady). And then she became a complete asshole who treats Vash, her new hired bodyguard, like a dog. And when I say "like a dog", I mean she calls him Spot. But she does help give the world of Trigun a little more backstory for us, what with her work with the Plants, which are apparently a lost technology. What is this whole Pandora's Box thing?
"There's definitely something wrong with the dynamics of this situation!"
I feel like I'm starting to really align with Meryl's mindset here too, though she's still misguided as to the cause of all of the trouble hanging around Vash. She clealy picks up on Elizabeth's behavior towards Vash, though she can't do anything about it.
How to dodge with style
And then Elizabeth is explained, which starts to really add to the backstory that we started to get a real glimpse of in the prior episode. Nothing but even more mystery. This episode ended on a pretty intense note. At first I wasn't entirely sure about this anime, but some shows just have those moments where you just outright decide: "I'm going to finish this series".
"I'm very sorry that I didn't die..."
That ending was one of those.
"I have no memory of any it. That ruined city, and all those piles of debris, its the first memory I have of that place."

Comments